Fishing - 7am - 6.30pm daily
PLEASE stick to the governments social distancing rules and make sure you leave a gap of at least 2m between you and the neighbouring fisherman/woman. There are limited spaces along our bank so we operate on a first come, first served basis. Please read the rules below, including where you can fish along banks.
Chiddingstone Castle’s lake covers approximately 3.5 acres and is naturally stocked with original Carp, Bream and Perch. We allow fishing on Chiddingstone Castle’s Lake all year round.
Day permit - £10.00 per person (up to 2 rods) If this has not been collected please post in the honesty box before leaving the castle grounds. We are a charity and this is very important to help with the upkeep of the lake and grounds.
Under 14s - FREE, but must be accompanied by a paying adult.
We now have Fishing Vouchers available to purchase online. Please click on the button below.
- Always be in possession of a valid fishing license as you may be asked to show this on the day
- Use barbless hooks
- Always us a landing net
- Use an unhooking mat for larger fish
- Take away all rubbish and broken lines. There is a green bin you can use in our car park.
- Keep a very close eye on any children with you
- Tell us if you see any fish snagged on a broken line or stray gear
Please do not:
- Fish from the bridge
- Use a keep net
- Fish out of the permitted areas (south of the bridge and on the village side of the lake)
- Fish without a shirt
- Light a barbecue or open fire anywhere in the grounds of the Castle
- Leave tangled gear in the trees or in the water
- The Castle staff reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the grounds who refuses to comply with the above rules.