Chiddingstone Castle’s lake covers approximately 3.5 acres and is naturally stocked with original Carp, Bream and Perch. We allow fishing on Chiddingstone Castle’s Lake all year round. There are however, a few days a year when this is not possible which we list below.*
Day permit - £10.00 per person (up to 2 rods)
Under 14s - FREE, but must be accompanied by a paying adult
We ask that all fishermen behave respectfully towards the Castle staff and other visitors and abide by a few rules to ensure everyone is safe.
- Always be in possession of a valid fishing license as you may be asked to show this on the day
- Use barbless hooks
- Always us a landing net
- Use an unhooking mat for larger fish
- Take away all rubbish and broken lines. There is a green bin you can use in our car park.
- Keep a very close eye on any children with you
- Tell us if you see any fish snagged on a broken line or stray gear
Please do not:
- Fish from the bridge
- Use a keep net
- Fish out of the permitted areas (south of the bridge and on the village side of the lake)
- Fish without a shirt
- Light a barbecue or open fire anywhere in the grounds of the Castle
- Leave tangled gear in the trees or in the water
- The Castle staff reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the grounds who refuses to comply with the above rules.