Please note although we allow fishing on the Lake all year round, there are a few exceptions. Please no fishing on the following dates in 2018:
Chiddingstone Castle lake covers approximately 3.5 acres and is naturally stocked with original Carp, Bream and Perch.
Our lake is open to responsible fishermen everyday throughout the year between 7am - 6.30pm. We ask that anyone under the age of 14 is accompanied by an adult and that all fishermen behave respectfully towards Castle staff and other visitors.
Individual day permits cost £10 (up to 2 rods) and under 14s are free.
We ask that all fishermen follow a few rules in order to ensure that our lake stays safe and enjoyable for all.
A few rules
- Always be in possession of a valid fishing license as you may be asked to show this on the day
- Use barbless hooks
- Always us a landing net
- Use an unhooking mat for larger fish
- Take away all rubbish and broken lines. There is a green bin you can use in our car park.
- Keep a very close eye on any children with you
- Tell us if you see any fish snagged on a broken line or stray gear
Please do not:
- Fish from the bridge
- Use a keep net
- Fish out of the permitted areas (south of the bridge and on the village side of the lake)
- Fish without a shirt
- Light a barbecue or open fire anywhere in the grounds of the Castle
- Leave tangled gear in the trees or in the water
- The Castle staff reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the grounds who refuses to comply with the above rules.